Sunday, July 18, 2004

The Thrill of Karioke

When I was a little girl, I would spend hours in my room listening to tapes and singing at the top of my lungs.  I would pretend that the area in front of my bed was a stage, in front of which millions of adoring fans were awaiting a touching performance from who else, ME! 
 
I believe that this is where the idea of karioke begins.  It addresses that need, deep inside, to be the STAR. 
 
(Side Note (LMM if you will, I'll blog about this one later) When I used to go to daycare before preschool, I would always wear sunglasses.  All the ladies called me the movie star:).
 
Even today, I think that it would be a rush (although a scary one) to get up and sing in front of a large number of people and sing a special someone a song.  As of now, however, there is no special someone.  So, I will have to make do singing karioke at the bar my friends are "regulars" at.  And although my singing is not beautiful, gosh darnit, it is fun to get up there and sing!!

No comments: