Sunday, April 02, 2006

Remembering

A year ago today, I remember sitting in my bedroom with Kimmy watching St. Peter's square as we found out that our beloved Pappa had left this world. Today, on a famous Sunny Sunday, I got to spend time with some of my favorite people in the world. We had a very starchy potluck and prayed a rosary and chaplet of divine mercy for John Paul the Great. I just left my back porch where there are even now friends gathered around the chiminea, smoking cigars, having a drink, sharing a story.

I have been given so much over the past year and a half. There are so many "legends" that have occurred that I have gotten to live through. Kim and I were planning wedding stuff yesturday (again, in the backyard - the weather is beautiful). She was telling the story of our plan later on and it just sounded so neat to be a part of.

Kristi and I went "mad shopping" today. We were looking for shoes and bought 3 skirts, 3 shirts and a pair of shoes. Let me tell you, Buy One, get one free is hard work!!

I am so blessed to have the friendships that I have. To be able to sit back and be. I was watching the firelight and listening to the conversations and daydreaming. It seems God has given me to OK to daydream about my future. The thing is, my daydream was and is very much of a reality. I want to spend my life deeply enjoying the company of those around me.

No comments: