Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Too Depressing . . .

If you couldn't tell, Amarillo has just been too depressing to think about much less blog out the entirety of my 4 1/2 hour stay in what is now my least favorite city in the former country of Texas - where everything is big, including the amount of time you have to wait for the Greyhound.

Come to think of it, the past few months of my life would make a great country song. With a twist - My car died (not my dog), the only guy semi interested lives in PA and apparently I didn't measure up to his standards on the "phone interview" - didn't really seem like a phone call. What else . . . I live with a little white dog who doesn't mean to cause any harm. Oh, yeah, my car's lights keep going out. First a headlight that the guy changed for free for me at the Wally World, then a tail light that was fixed by the husbands. Not my husbands, mind you, but my guy friends (most of whom seem to be married to my friends by now) kindly helped me fix in a dark driveway. Oh, and I lost my cell phone. . .

But - the reason this post sounds cheerful is not because of all of that . . . it's because things are looking up. My aunt and uncle were my saviors tonight. They gave me one of their old phones to use. And, I went to target and found pillowcases to match the sheets I bought in February. And, when I got home Marianna said that they found my cell phone!! I don't have to plug all 130+ numbers into a new phone!! Yeay!!

For those of you wondering . . . maybe someday I will share the end of my crazy adventure of a Greyhound bus trip. For now, however, just be glad that you can't say you spent 4 1/2 hours stuck in an ugly bus station w/ a black lady fondly named "Grandma," a semi doped up middle aged woman wanting desperately to see her kids and a couple of hoodlem smoker guys along with the 14 yr old kid that reminded you of your friend's little brother.

Thank you, God for normal 14 year old kids.

I wonder if he smokes pot on the side . . .

1 comment:

KU Mommy said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU UPDATED!!!