Thursday, February 24, 2005

Single . . .

. . . that is what I am. It has defined me for about 25 years now. After going to a singles conference, this is very apparent. and I don't like it!!

I do, being single is wonderful. I get to do what I want to do when I want to. I don't have to worry about planning things because it is just me. But it gets to the point where you've had enough. Especially when Webster's dictionary defines single as "a : not married b : of or relating to celibacy." Not exactly the definition I have of "Lisa" in my life plan - I know Soujourners - it's not my life plan it is God's life plan. But the two have faired pretty well together so far.

So where do I go know? One of the speakers at the National Catholic Singles Conference (Dave Sloan - check out God of Desire . com - it rocks my face off) said that we spend too much time looking for "features" of a mate; what kind of car he drives, what clothes he wears, that sort of thing. I don't think of myself as a materialistic type person, but here is what I wonder. I wonder if I am concentrating on too many specific qualities and missing out on some amazing relationships because of this.

This is what I have been wondering. and wondering and thinking and things keep happening. Things have been crazy amazing this week. Here are just a few of them:
Our Lenten Season at school - Get this - we have 75- 90 students coming to school at 6:50 every morning for morning prayer, meditation and mass. We have all kinds of kids coming to pray, the captains of the football team, volleyball players, cheerleaders to our liturgy club members and guys that come all the time to pray morning prayer - and of course my own Angels of the Holy Queen!! It is amazing to see these students give up their sleep to grow closer to God. I love Lent - it is amazing and it is hard!!!
The Daisy House - God is totally working some wonders through our house. All we are doing is living our lives, attempting to be good Catholics. All of a sudden we are meeting people in Denver (from Wichita) that know about our house! This amazes me - St. Therese is building herself a bouquet of friendships right in our living room.
Angels - some awesome things are in store for the Angels - they are amazing women that challenge me to grow in my faith. God has some wonderful stuff planned for us!!
God of Desire - So, I mentioned Dave's site when I started writing this blog this afternoon before Mass. We get home from the evening's craziness only to find that the Dave Sloan has posted on Kristi's webpage. God rocks my face off!

I want to end this post in prayer:
Father - Thank you for the amazing love that you show us throughout the season of Lent. Thank you for those that you have put in our lives. Help us to be aware of your ever-present reality and care for us.

No comments: