Thursday, July 14, 2005

Delight

"Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." ~ Psalm 37:4

Have you ever been hit in the head by God? I mean seriously wacked with something?

Now notice, God does this in a nice way. It is like being wacked with one of those floating noodles for the pool in the summertime. It startles you, you may fall into the pool because of it, but it is a gentle, playful push in the right direction. The right direction may be completely over your head in 9 feet of water, but non-the-less, it is the right direction.

So about this Bible verse. It has come at me with some force for the past week and a half. It shows up everywhere, the websites that I am browsing, the fun little card that Katie brought me last week, the psalm at mass one day, just to name a few.

This leaves me pondering, what am I to do with this? There has been much drama in my life the past week (lets just leave it on the note that Lisa is single once again). This is a good thing. It's stinky that I haven't found my one yet, and I get to watch those that have be all happy - this is cute hoewever disgusting it may be:).

But the love of my life is somewhere out there, just not here and now. I think this is where the verse comes in. "Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." God knows that the desires of my heart are to find my love, settle down, be happy and have many babies. So, I have to take delight in him. The dictionary definition of delight, according to Merriam- Webster is the following:
delight
1 : a high degree of gratification : JOY; also : extreme satisfaction
2 : something that gives great pleasure

God has also been showing me how amazingly deep his love for me is. He desires me more than I will ever know. He loves me enough to passionately die for me a horrid and inhumane death. And all I have to do in order to receive the desires of my heart is to find "a high degree of gratification : JOY; also : extreme satisfaction, and great pleasure" in Him. To be happy and receive all of my dreams in a way that will totally boggle my mind, I have to find joy in God alone.

I wish this were as easy as it sounds, instead of the life long, everyday surrender that it promises to be. But hey, the rewards are pretty darn good. Much better than any frequent flyer miles or rebates on gas money. And I have to be joyful!! How hard could that be (I know, I know, pretty hard sometimes)? But, here I am, Miss Lisa, attempting to find the joy of my love, Jesus, in everything that I do.

No comments: