Friday, July 28, 2006

Too fast

My summer time is slipping away oh so quickly!! Soon my life will be planning and grading and planning and grading. And talking. A lot. Everyday. And being grammatically correct while I do so. Ick.

Don't get me wrong, I love teaching. I also love the summer and staying up as late as I want to and getting up whenever I feel like it. I like the lazy evenings sitting around and talking to friends. The thing is, however, since it has actually been my summertime (for the past month) I haven't done much of the sitting around with friends. I've had a lot of Lisa time. And I've been doing lots of stuff. But I haven't chilled so much as I would like to.

I went to the Cathedral for Mass on Tuesday. On the way home I had to take a detour (Kellogg was once again closed). I ended up stopping by Kathy's and having an amazing talk with her, then going by Erin's to grab a couple hugs and chat while she did her laundry. It was such a great afternoon!

I was home for the past two days and my mom and I found a karaoke on demand channel on their cable. I think we spent about two hours jamming together singing all the songs that we knew (or at least thought we knew). IT was great. Neither one of us has a clue as to much of how "You are the Sunshine of My Life" by Stevie Wonder goes. But we had a rocking version of "Monday Monday" by the Mommas and Pappas!! The cat just looked at us like we were out of our minds:)

I'm leaving to see my grandparents in CO on Sunday - I'm so excited! I'm not that excited about getting back. I have to start being a real person with a real job again!! Ah, well. I get to be a mentor for our new English teacher and that is pretty exciting!!

No comments: