Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Two years and a Month

My blog has been around for two years and a month! And, as I read back over the entries (as I have been doing for the past half hour, I realize that I need to go make the bread for dinner so that it's ready when we eat it. . . so after Marianna has made bread and I looked for a stray packet of yeast, we have some kneading going on). Oh, yeah, sentence. As I read over my entries, I am struck once again by how much I have changed in the past two years.

I went from having very few friends to having a multitude of really great friendships. I went from being a 1st year teacher to approaching my fourth year of teaching. I have gone from being not really sure who I was, to having a pretty good handle of who I am and what makes me click. At least I think so anyway.

Jose's words of wisdom were once "You know, Lisa, you won't be a Daisy Girl forever." At the time, last December, my life was a little up in the air and his words freaked me out more than a little. Who wanted to take away my house and my girls and my sense of being? I had applied to teach overseas. My roommate was getting married, we didn't know what was going to happen to the Daisy House and I thought for a while I was called to be a nun. Oh, the drama that insues during our lives.

Now it's July. And I live in a really cute duplex with my friend Marianna. I made it through teaching summer school and the world is looking like a nice place to be. I don't feel the need to be searching for something new. I found out that I am not supposed to be a nun, even though their lives never cease to amaze me. I don't need anything for our duplex - although a really comfy reading chair in a sage green that is reasonably inexpensive would be nice. I am starting to get excited about school - even though I haven't been out for that long:). And the fact that there is no boy right now is all right with me. That kind of weirds me out, however. I'd like there to be a boy. A man, really, who I'll get to have kids with someday (speaking of kids, I had a dream where I was 9 months pregnant and playing with the babies feet inside my tummy - should this weird me out?). But for right now, he's not here and that's ok.

I guess it's a feeling of contentment. Not completely, of course, but enough to want to sit back and enjoy life for a while. And enjoy some Lois and Clark while I'm at it - that was such a great show!!

This doesn't seem to be much of the late anniversary post that it should, but it is what it is and I'm all right with that:)

No comments: