Monday, September 03, 2007

Never ceasing to amaze me

"This is a time of purification. A time to identify your ambiguous relationships and your ambivalent attitudes, and to make some decisions and choose some directions."
St. John Eudes

Ok, so I have no idea who St. John Eudes is. But this is the quote on my quote of the day calendar. For those of you that remember the Daisy House, this calendar used to sit on Kim's vanity in our downstairs bathroom. Then it moved to her apartment, then (along with numerous other of her belongings - which make her seem a bit closer rather than really far away) to my new duplex. The one that just houses me - and my landlord's in the back half.

Anyway, from the time I've been reading this calendar it just seems to eerily fit what is going on in my life. It's crazy - when I'm sad it will have something uplifting, when I'm being a dolt it will kick my butt. And when I really don't know what I'm doing, this is the quote of the day.

Purification - yes, I need some please!
Identifying ambiguous relationships - it seems that I am doing that but so many seem to be able to put into that category these days, everything seems a bit off-kilter.
Ambivalent attitudes - ambivalent means "uncertain or unable to decide about what course to follow" - I'm getting better but I still feel a bit lost about what I should be doing. When that happens, usually I just need to do something. I'm starting a writing class on Wednesday and need to set up some coffee dates w/ some friends . . .

. . . and finally - Make some decisions and choose some directions. This I need to do. It reminds me of someone once saying that God doesn't give you all the answers. Sometimes you must love God and do what you want.

I guess now I just need to figure out what I want to do!

No comments: