Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Legend of the $30 Cart

I went to Wally World yesturday because I was in need of essentials. For some reason the essentials included one queen sized sheet, some hair gel and milk (the last one really is needed).

I walked into the world of consumer bliss (and much credit card debt) and got a cart from one of the ladies who was leaving. (LMM - did you know that Dillons now has sanitary wipes for the handle of the cart so you can be free of germs (of which I typed girls - funny slip of the finger there)) As she handed of the cart, I asked it the cart was a good one. She replied, "Yes, it only spends $30!"

"Hmmmmm," I thought to myself as I commenced with remembering the things I needed to get and went about my shopping. I pondered buying a new CD - Michael Buble (or however the heck you spell his name) was sounding awfully tempting. But I went past the CD's, past the shoes aisle, past the baby clothing (that's a hard one now-a-days with cute kids running amuck!) and on to what I needed, not really worrying about the $30 deal.

But, when I got to the cashier, she rang me up. I spent $30.48! It worked! I threatened the cashier with marking the cart and shoving people over the next time I came in. I figure if I tag it, no one will want it. But alas, the cart has been on it's own at the Wal-Mart for more than 24 hours. It may never be found again. It will remain, however, a legend on my blog - the legend of the $30 (and 48 cent) cart!

Sidenote - Aubrey and I switched two of our students in 7th hour today - it made the last hour quite interesting and amusing:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's amazing.........great story!